Friday, July 11, 2008

Last Night In Bangkok (for a bit)

Wow, it is really difficult to keep in touch with people while traveling. I try to get online just long enough to check my email, but with the hotel trying to charge 50 cents a minute, it's hard to spend much time replying to everything. So I'm sorry for anyone who has not heard from me for a bit enough though I promised to get back to you, I've been a bit preoccupied.

Last night, I finally got word that my visa had gone through for Vietnam, and good timing as we are arriving tomorrow night in Hanoi! So that was a big relief, also found a place to keep our bags for free. Things have really been falling in place this week, which taught me a lot about anxiety and trusting God to provide. Yesterday, before those two things had worked out I was freaking out a bit. But then I thought, what is the worst that can happen? I thought about the part of the sermon on the mount where Jesus tells us not worrying, but to know that we are loved by God and will have our needs provided for. Also, every time I travel I try to remember James 4:13-17 and not boast about what I will be doing tomorrow.

I'm sorry that this is a bit rushed and not incredibly coherent. I'm in an internet cafe in Bangkok next to an arcade and a karaoke bar, so the noise is a bit intense. I'll try to put in another update from Hanoi in the next few days.

1 comment:

Yvonne the Mom said...

It is so good to hear from you. I'm so glad things have worked out with your VISA and that everything is falling into place. Stay safe!!

Love you!
Mom