Friday, May 23, 2008

Singapore - 3...2...1...go!

As many of you know, I am heading off this summer for Singapore (and other parts of Southeast Asia). The program I am with is basically a summer school program through UNC that takes 25 freshmen and a couple professors to Singapore for 7 weeks to live, learn, and experience life in a different culture, environment, and quite literally on the other side of the world. I will also be spending about 3 weeks at the end of the trip backpacking around SE Asia and Hong Kong, more info on that as we figure it out.

And now, I come down to my final days in the US. I leave on Sunday morning at 6am for about 30 hours of travel and layovers and trying to sleep on the airplanes (thank you benadryl). And then while struggling to overcome 12 hours of jet lag, I start classes next week! It should be an amazing summer with tons of stories, pictures, and experiences to share with you all. So I invite you to check back this summer for updates on my travels which will be posted (along with other ramblings) on this blog as well as on our group blog which you can find here. Both will hopefully be updated weekly.

If you have any more questions about what I am doing, why, or what sort of souvenir I can pick up for you in Thailand, just let me know and I'll try to get back to you.

Have a fantastic summer!

No comments: